Date(s) - 12/01/2022
9:00 am EST – 5:00 pm EST
Here is the text of the WHEJAC e-mail:
The White House Environmental Justice Advisory Council (WHEJAC) will convene a hybrid in-person public meeting with a virtual option. The public meeting convenes on Wednesday, November 30, 2022, from approximately 2:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Eastern Time. The WHEJAC meeting continues Thursday, December 1, 2022, from approximately 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time. Members of the public who wish to participate during the public comment period must register by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time, November 23, 2022. The public can register for the WHEJAC Public Meeting in two ways:
- by visiting the WHEJAC web site at https://www.epa.gov/environmentaljustice/white-house-environmental-justice-advisory-council#meetings.
- by using the following Zoom link: https://usepa.zoomgov.com/webinar/register/WN_SosqfAdJQCWWtWGjMcSbKw.
Please make sure you are using the latest version of Zoom: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362233-Upgrade-update-to-the-latest-version
Location: The in-person meeting will be held at The Westin Alexandria Old Town, 400 Courthouse Square, Alexandria, Virginia 22314.
Hotel Reservations: https://www.marriott.com/en-us/hotels/wasxw-the-westin-alexandria-old-town/overview or call 866-837-4210; Group Name EPA NEJAC-WHEJAC Meeting
Public Comment Period: The WHEJAC is interested in receiving public comments on a variety of topics related to environmental justice. Please be prepared to briefly describe your comments, including recommendations on what you want the WHEJAC to advise the Council on Environmental Quality to do.
Submitting written comments for the record [is] strongly encouraged.
The public can submit written comments in three (3) different ways:
- by using the web form at https://www.epa.gov/environmentaljustice/forms/white-house-environmental-justice-advisory-council-whejac-public-comment
- by emailing comments to [email protected]
- by creating comments in the Docket ID No. EPA-HQ-OA-2022-0050 at http://www.regulations.gov.
Written comments can be submitted up to two weeks after the meeting closes on December 14, 2022 [i.e., Dec. 14th is the deadline for comments, 2 weeks after the meeting ends on Dec. 1st.]
For questions about this event, please contact Victoria Robinson via e-mail at [email protected] or by phone at (202) 564-6349.